Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Sketches forM2 Photomontage Assignment



Hi everyone, 

There are many political issues that are important to me but for this assignment I chose three. They are Refugees, Wars, and Education. This is a very trying time in our country and throughout the world and I wanted to choose images that can be "hijacked" with issues we are dealing with today.

For my first issue, Refugees, I chose the famous photo of the Moon Landing. In the summer during the Olympics, I read an article that some athletes were refugees and were therefore part of the "refugee" team. As they did not have a country to represent and therefore no flag, they had designed their own flag. Worldwide there is an issue with refugees, no one wants them. This is where the idea came from with the moon. It seems that the only place that they would be welcomed is the moon. I thoughts to replace the American flag with the refugee flag and add some tents to the background. The title would be "Refugees Welcomed."

The second issue is War. War is a horrific part of our world, not only now but through history. How scary it must be for children looking up at the sky and instead of seeing a starry night, they see the sky lit up by bombs. Buildings destroyed and disaster everywhere they look. I thought the best image to use for this would be Starry Night by Van Gogh. I would add Bomber jets with missles, fire, and destruction. The title would be "Bombs Light Up the Sky."

The third issue that is important to me is Education. So many people cannot get an education because of money or other factors. Becoming educated in todays world needs strength, that's why I chose the famous ad "We Can Do It." I would change the image by adding a cap and gown, as well as a diploma in her hand. I am hoping that this will give people strength to achieve their dreams and goals.

Thanks for reading and looking forward to hearing your feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment